Résumé for Shayne Wright
firstname.lastname@example.org (318) 573-9156
link to reels: vimeo.com/shaynewright
OBJECTIVE: Professional Journalist, seeking to continue my career in Broadcasting, with an organization which shares my passion for Storytelling and Engaging Journalism.
- Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communication – Electronic Media Journalism, Louisiana State University in Shreveport (2010)
- Associate of Applied Science, Telecommunications, Bossier Parish Community College (2007)
- Technical Competency Certificates:
- Television Production
- Radio and TV Programming
- Media for Ministry
KSLA News 12 Morning Anchor-Shreveport, LA (May 2017 to Present)
- Serving as Co-Morning Anchor from 5 a.m.-7 a.m. and Solo Anchor for 12: noon Newscast.
- Responsible for Breaking News live shots, Special Reports for investigations (Get Wright On It) and Fitness Segments (Fitness Challenge Friday).
KSLA News 12 Sports Director (June 2014 to May 2016)
- Served as Sports Director in charge of three-person Sports Department.
- Responsible for all planning and decisions within the Sports Department.
- Generated four new Sports Segments which led to over $15,000 in Sponsorship money.
KSLA News 12 General Assignment MMJ/ Weekend Sports Anchor-Shreveport, LA (June 2014 to May 2016)
- Served as weekday general assignment MMJ
- Shot, wrote and edited all stories, formulated daily story ideas, performed live shots and in studio fronting.
- Responsible for daily updates on social media
- Served as weekend sports anchor
WALB News 10 Sports Anchor/Reporter-Albany, GA (August 2010 to May 2013)
- Member of WALB News 10 Sports Team serving as Sports Anchor for 6, 7 and 11 o’clock newscast
- Co-produced and anchored the largest high school sports show in the South Georgia region
- Covered major Division I and II college sports
- Responsible for producing, editing and presenting sportscasts as well as generating ideas, conducting research and producing various in-depth sports stories which focused on the humanistic side of athletic competition
NBC 6 News Videographer, Sports Anchor/Reporter-Shreveport, LA (February 2007 to July 2010)
- Third member of KTAL Sports Team serving as Anchor on an ad-hoc basis for sports segment of the 6pm and 10pm newscasts
- Generated ideas, conducted research and produced various in-depth sports stories that focus on the human side of athletic competition
- Co-anchored various programs on an ad-hoc basis including “The Sideline Show” and KTAL Sports Sunday
- Shot, wrote and edited weekly Bass Pro Shops sponsored Outdoor Reports
- Responsible for shooting and editing daily news stories to include voice overs, sound on tape voice overs, reporter packages, interviews and self-contained news and sports packages
Bossier Parish Community College, Sports Anchor/Reporter (August 2007-December 2007)
- Shot, wrote, edited and anchored 3 minute daily Sportscast, broadcast on Bossier Parish’s community access channel to an estimated 36,628 households
Bossier Parish Community College, Kaleidoscope Newspaper, Sports Writer (August 2007- December 2007)
- Responsible for monthly production of sports related stories for school newspaper for an enrolment of 4,986 students
KTAL NEWS 6, Production Assistant (February 2007- May 2007)
- Performed numerous tasks for mid-market television station including camera operation, linear editing, non-linear editing (Avid), set preparation, set lighting, directing. (Promoted to News Photographer within 3 months)
United States Air Force, Environmental Controls Specialist (February 2002- February 2006)
- Evaluated proposed work needed to prevent and control infestations of plant and animal pests by maintaining historical databases, tracking systems and profile sheets
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS
- Proficient in Avid editing system, Edius editing system, INEWS, ENPS, non-linear editing, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Member of Lambda Pi Eta, official communication studies honor society of the National Communication Association
- Member of Football Writers Association of America
- Darton College Women’s Basketball’s Announcer for 2010 season
- Served as Guest Play by Play Announcer for the Albany Panthers, a member of the Professional Indoor Football League
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Associated Press-Best Sportscast Award - 2011, Class B.
- “Hero of the Heart” recipient for community service
- Georgia Association of Broadcasters Merit Award for Best Sports Story
- Air Force Achievement Medal for service in Operation Iraqi Freedom from July 2003 to December 2003 Tallil Air Base, Iraq
- Civil Engineering Squadron Superintendents Award (USAF, 2005) for Outstanding Leadership, discipline, professionalism, dress, appearance, dedication
- Letter of Appreciation, Shriners Children Hospital for Volunteer Service in tutoring and mentoring patient ward of over 100 children with special needs
- Volunteer Service for the Albany Rescue Mission, serving meals and mentorship of homeless youth
- Squadron Dorm Chief (2003) ensuring safety and control for 150 base Airmen
- Rick Boone, Former News Director (WNKY) Bowling Green, KY
- Dave Owens, former Sports Anchor/Reporter (WUSA) Washington, DC
Return to the Talent Gallery